If you like to play online computer games, the name Counter Strike (aka CS) will not be unknown to you.
And if you are someone who has recently started taking comfort in online gaming then you should definitely try CS.
Counter-Strike 1.6 is a tactical first-person shooter video game developed by Valve Corporation in year 2000 and was announced as most played game by gamespy in 2008, there are still countless people playing this game all across the globe. There has been continuous modifications in the original game since years till now and the extensions thus created include Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, Counter-Strike: Source, and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
As of August 2011, the Counter-Strike franchise has sold over 27 million units
Game Play : Like almost all first person shooter games, the game play of CS revolves around shooting opponent player till death.
In CS a person can join either a terrorist team, a counter-terrorist team or become spectator. If you join a terrorist team then the mission is to bomb a targeted site and mission of counter-terrorist team is to avoid this. Each team gets different weapons and try to complete their objective/mission in the given time.
Each round starts with the two teams spawning simultaneously.
A player can choose any one of the available eight character to play as, how ever the abilities of all characters are kept same the only difference is in their appearance. As a team wins the round Standard monetary bonuses are awarded in terms of points that can be used to buy different deadly weapons in the next round.
From the initial start of a round all players are given a few seconds called “freeze time”, During this time a player cannot move or play, this time is just given as a countdown to start the round and also gives time to players to buy weapons and other equipments. Once the round ends surviving players retain their weapons of previous round and players who are killed join with standard weapons. During a round if a player is killed, becomes spectator and is able to see the movement of not only allies but also of opponents.
for more information on game play see
How to Play Online : There are several methods of playing CS with other human players on line. Some of them are described below.
- Online Gaming through valve : Open counter strike > click on multilayer option ‘a list of available servers will pop up’ > double click on the server which is available in your country> start playing
This type of method is not very useful as there are very less chances to find server with out password protection
>Open Garena, and enter any CS 1.6 room.
>Select “Counter Strike 1.6” From the game list.
>Select any room, preferably the room which is from your region and has a good nmber of players in it.
>Click on “settings” and browse your “cs1.6.exe” or “hl.exe”.
>Now in the “Game bootstrap parameters” type this : “-game cstrike” (without quotes.)
>Click on update and then click on “Start Game”
>Type slist in the console, to open the console press “~” on your keyboard.
>When you type slist, a bunch of servers are listed, type Connect “number of the server” Eg. Connect 1
>Now you have successfully configured your cs1.6 on Garena !
- Counter Strike Through Hamachi : In order to play any multilayer game on Hamachi there is a need to be connected to other players, which is done by either creating your own network or by joining an existing network. once you have sufficient number of people linked to a common network all you need to do is to go through following steps.
. Turn off your firewall (or disable it). Remember to turn it back on after you finish playing.
>Press the ~ key on the keyboard. It is to the left of the 1 key on the top row of the keyboard.
>Type connect “your hamachi IP” to connect if you are hosting the game. If someone else is hosting the game look at their Hamachi IP address and use that instead of yours.Or you can type the hamachi name instead of the ip address
> The game will connect and you can start playing.
- Counter Strike On LAN : This method of online playing is most commonly used, where two ore more people connected on a same LAN (Local Area Network) are able to play with one another without even been connected to internet.
>know your LAN IP Address : Go to command prompt. For XP, Start -> Run -> cmd. Then type [ipconfig] with out brackets.Keep it in mind to note the IP address down
>Start CS (Server side) : in one of the computers open HLDS which must be located in C:\Program Files\Counter-Strike or in the folder where you have installed CS, You should see an executable named hlds.exe. Run the exe file You should see a GUI. Select your desired maps and settings.
>Start CS (Client side) : Start CS in other computers click “find servers”>LAN>you should be able to see the name of the server you created on server side”double click it”
>if you are not able to see the name of the server try joining through LAN IP Address of the server computer
*Make sure all the computers are connected to the main server
This might seem lame but you also need a couple of humans, otherwise with whom will you play?
There are sill several other to play CS online but above 4 methods are widely used and successful.
You can also read about games like:
Max Payne 3 is a third-person shooter video game developed by Rockstar Studios and published by Rockstar Games and was released for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in May 2012 with the action third person shooter and the Max Payne franchise .Max Payne 3 is realistic game with advanced features like euphoria physics engine, shooting and killing enemie.
Max Payne 3 Features
- The over the shoulder zoom aiming
- Classic run and gun shooting.
- Action sequences with bullet time
- Shoot 360 degrees around
- Supporting a wide range of PC specifications
- Advanced graphics options
- Scalable high-resolution textures and character models
- DirectX11 and LAN support
- Multi monitor support and 3D compatibility
Max Payne 3 Minimum System Requirements
OS: Windows XP/7/Vista(32 or 64 bit)
CPU: Intel Dual Core 2.4 GHZ or AMD Dual Core 2.6 GHZ, or better
GPU: NVIDIA® GeForce 8600 GT 512MB RAM or AMD Radeon™ HD 3400 512MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT 512MB RAM
or AMD Radeon HD 3400 512MB RAM
How to Install Max Payne 3 Game
There are following steps for Disc version only.
1-Insert the ‘Max Payne 3’ (Disc ) into your DVD ROM drive and If the installer does not start automatically then open your DVD ROM drive folder and double click on the Setup icon.
2-You will begin installation of Max Payne 3 video game and follow the on screen directions until the the installation process is completed.
3-You will be prompted to enter your product key to perform a one-time product activation via the internet.You can find the product key on the back of your manual.
Now you can Enjoy with your game.
When you play video games Online over with someone form the computer via Internet network over the world wide like Xbox and Playstation gaming portal its called online gaming.
Experiences while playing online games and their advantages over offline gaming
- Online games can be played many people together in a network like the Internet or any office network.
- Interact with family and friends through the online games are played together.
- Children who play online games can learn how to multitask in an effective manner.
- The different levels of games offered in the online games tests the skills of the player and become the higher in the game level and more expert one.
- Significance of sharing and enjoying
- Prize and pleasure
- Healthy and balanced challenge to the intellect