If you like to play online computer games, the name Counter Strike (aka CS) will not be unknown to you.
And if you are someone who has recently started taking comfort in online gaming then you should definitely try CS.
Counter-Strike 1.6 is a tactical first-person shooter video game developed by Valve Corporation in year 2000 and was announced as most played game by gamespy in 2008, there are still countless people playing this game all across the globe. There has been continuous modifications in the original game since years till now and the extensions thus created include Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, Counter-Strike: Source, and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
As of August 2011, the Counter-Strike franchise has sold over 27 million units
Game Play : Like almost all first person shooter games, the game play of CS revolves around shooting opponent player till death.
In CS a person can join either a terrorist team, a counter-terrorist team or become spectator. If you join a terrorist team then the mission is to bomb a targeted site and mission of counter-terrorist team is to avoid this. Each team gets different weapons and try to complete their objective/mission in the given time.
Each round starts with the two teams spawning simultaneously.
A player can choose any one of the available eight character to play as, how ever the abilities of all characters are kept same the only difference is in their appearance. As a team wins the round Standard monetary bonuses are awarded in terms of points that can be used to buy different deadly weapons in the next round.
From the initial start of a round all players are given a few seconds called “freeze time”, During this time a player cannot move or play, this time is just given as a countdown to start the round and also gives time to players to buy weapons and other equipments. Once the round ends surviving players retain their weapons of previous round and players who are killed join with standard weapons. During a round if a player is killed, becomes spectator and is able to see the movement of not only allies but also of opponents.
for more information on game play see
How to Play Online : There are several methods of playing CS with other human players on line. Some of them are described below.
- Online Gaming through valve : Open counter strike > click on multilayer option ‘a list of available servers will pop up’ > double click on the server which is available in your country> start playing
This type of method is not very useful as there are very less chances to find server with out password protection
>Open Garena, and enter any CS 1.6 room.
>Select “Counter Strike 1.6” From the game list.
>Select any room, preferably the room which is from your region and has a good nmber of players in it.
>Click on “settings” and browse your “cs1.6.exe” or “hl.exe”.
>Now in the “Game bootstrap parameters” type this : “-game cstrike” (without quotes.)
>Click on update and then click on “Start Game”
>Type slist in the console, to open the console press “~” on your keyboard.
>When you type slist, a bunch of servers are listed, type Connect “number of the server” Eg. Connect 1
>Now you have successfully configured your cs1.6 on Garena !
- Counter Strike Through Hamachi : In order to play any multilayer game on Hamachi there is a need to be connected to other players, which is done by either creating your own network or by joining an existing network. once you have sufficient number of people linked to a common network all you need to do is to go through following steps.
. Turn off your firewall (or disable it). Remember to turn it back on after you finish playing.
>Press the ~ key on the keyboard. It is to the left of the 1 key on the top row of the keyboard.
>Type connect “your hamachi IP” to connect if you are hosting the game. If someone else is hosting the game look at their Hamachi IP address and use that instead of yours.Or you can type the hamachi name instead of the ip address
> The game will connect and you can start playing.
- Counter Strike On LAN : This method of online playing is most commonly used, where two ore more people connected on a same LAN (Local Area Network) are able to play with one another without even been connected to internet.
>know your LAN IP Address : Go to command prompt. For XP, Start -> Run -> cmd. Then type [ipconfig] with out brackets.Keep it in mind to note the IP address down
>Start CS (Server side) : in one of the computers open HLDS which must be located in C:\Program Files\Counter-Strike or in the folder where you have installed CS, You should see an executable named hlds.exe. Run the exe file You should see a GUI. Select your desired maps and settings.
>Start CS (Client side) : Start CS in other computers click “find servers”>LAN>you should be able to see the name of the server you created on server side”double click it”
>if you are not able to see the name of the server try joining through LAN IP Address of the server computer
*Make sure all the computers are connected to the main server
This might seem lame but you also need a couple of humans, otherwise with whom will you play?
There are sill several other to play CS online but above 4 methods are widely used and successful.
You can also read about games like:
For years Multiplayer Games has given gamers such a fantastic platform to have fun together.
Playing against Computer is great but there is nothing quite great about playing against friends, throwing all bumps on them in all n ease while playing games.
Gamers would generally find a lot of multiplayer games to play. But there’s only a few that certainly would give you so unimaginably awesome experience of gaming world.
Here I list some Multiplayer Games that have been simply great to roll over the unimaginable platform.
1. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
- Is a shooter video game, which was developed for Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii.
- It features team-based and death match-based multiplayer modes on various maps. Each mode has an objective that requires unique strategies to complete.
- It runs on the IW engine, specifically IW 3.0, featuring true world-dynamic lighting, HDR lighting effects, dynamic shadows and depth of field.
2. Super Smash Bros 64
- Super Smash Bros was actually released for the Wii’s Virtual console.
- Super Smash Bros is essentially a crossover between several Nintendo franchises, such as Mario, The Legend of Zelda and Kirby.
- The Super Smash Bros. series is a dramatic departure from many fighting games. Instead of winning by depleting an opponent’s life bar, Smash Bros players seek to knock opposing characters off the stage.
3. Counter- Strike
- The great thing about the game is that once you’re dead,you’re out. This makes game Competitive rather more fun and spiritual one.
- Counter-Strike divides players into teams of terrorists and counter-terrorists. The game modes include Slaughter /protecting a VIP.
4. Mario Kart 64
- A racing game developed and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo 64. It is the second furnishing in the Mario Kart series.
- You can play the game in four different forms: Grand Prix, Time Trial, versus, and Battle.
- Game provides 8 different characters to play with.
5. World of Warcraft
- World of Warcraft is an enormously vast, rich role- playing online multiplayer experience that has factually consumed people’s lives.
- This game is incredibly fun to and magnificent in terms of its and creativity.
6. Time Splitter 2
- This game is a first person shooting video game available for Playstation 2, Xbox, and Nintendo Game consoles.
- Many still hold TimeSplitters 2 as one of the best FPS multiplayer experiences around.
- This game can be enjoyed by two or more players. Its gaming experience will give you the magnificent gaming experience throughout the play.
7. Street Fighter
A lot of people like Street Fighter.
- Playing against the CPU in the original was certainly always fun and challenging, but the best side of Street Fighter was introduced in its second outing, which saw the birth of 1 on 1 versus matches.
- It has added new depth to series that would set the tone for later additions.
8. Pro Evolution Soccer
- Formerly known as ISS, PES (as it’s often affectionately abbreviated), is the well-known competitor to the long standing FIFA series.
- Pro Evolution Soccer has come up with 11 series of it yet.
9. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty
It’s the complete multiplayer RTS experience you’re looking for.
- Even though its kind of an amassing of all the RTS games before it, Starcraft II has more polish, balance and user-friendliness.
- Beginners Welcome: it’s a whole new different world for gamers.
10. Quake 3:Arena
- Is a multiplayer first-Person shooter video game.
- Quake 3 is available on a number of platforms and contains mature content. The game was highly praised by reviewers who, for the most part, described the game play as fun and engaging. Many liked the crisp graphics and focus on Multiplayer.